Our commodities agency business helps transform ore or coal into steel or power, suitable for final consumption. We help to improve the communities where we live and work by aligning the producer to the consumer who are often in disparate parts of the globe.
We manage commodity-specific pricing and inventory management exposures in volatile resource markets with fluctuating exchange rates.
- Physical cargo distribution or movements
- Off-take financing and market entry advice
- Commodity marketing such as pricing and research services
- All aspects of freight logistics support and the management of price risk exposures for both “on-water” and inventory-stockpiled materials
- Inventory repurchase financing arrangements
We source ore from Africa, Latin America and Northern Europe, leveraging both our off-take and trading relationships. Through our extensive international network, we maximise returns for our suppliers by knowing our buyers intimately; this is one of our core attributes.
There has been a significant shift in bulk markets, away from fixed price annual contracts to free market pricing; in addition to the overall growth in market size. This has increased the frequency of price fluctuations, further impacted by seasonal, cyclical, structural and policy-related changes.
We offer clients the option of selling and buying on either a CIF (Cost Insurance and Freight) or FOB (Free On Board) basis. Our Freight department service includes:
- Booking vessels
- Arranging insurance
- Completing stowage plans
- Coordinating demurrage for our fleet bookings
- Negotiating with port agents and ship owners, with best practice safety protocols in place.
We have international experience in commodity-related financial services and have been a leading market maker of all London Metal Exchange contracts.
- We trade the full spectrum of product types and grades, including fines, lump, pellets and pellet feed or concentrate.
- Our experienced, international team of Sales, Marketing and Analytics professionals is maintained in various key centres to ensure thorough market understanding. These centres include all of Asia, particularly China; as well as Europe and the Middle East, with offices in London, Shanghai and Singapore.
- Our marketing team can appropriately price all aspects of bulk materials, while closely monitoring and where possible, pre-empt changes in the values of a product’s chemical and physical properties.