Consumers, producers and traders in base metals need to adequately manage commodity-specific pricing and inventory management exposures due to volatile resource markets and fluctuating exchange rates.
Our long-standing experience in base metals positions us well to provide price risk management solutions across the base metals spectrum, including aluminium, copper, lead, nickel, steel, tin and zinc.
- Standard hedging products offered on a multi-currency basis, including forwards, swaps, European and Asian options and average price contracts
- Customised, client-specific structured solutions, including finance linked solutions and long-dated price protection programmes
- Physical trading capabilities, warrant location and brand swaps
- Physical off-take contracts across all metals and locations
- Finance capabilities for the London Metal Exchange and physical inventory
We have international experience in commodity-related financial services and have been a leading market maker of all London Metal Exchange contracts.
- Our presence in the three major base metals trading centres enables global coverage.
- We take an integrated approach to managing financial markets risk that combines interest rate, currency, credit, equity as well as commodity risk to create customised solutions.
- Our sales and structuring team develops innovative solutions tailored to our clients' unique requirements, and provides ongoing client-centric service by monitoring and evaluating the appropriateness of existing trades that result from changing market and regulatory conditions. Real enhancement solutions are proposed when opportunities arise.
- We have established the locally-based Standard Resources China to facilitate domestic metal business in China.