ICBC Standard Bank is a leading financial markets and commodities bank that benefits from its unique Chinese and African parentage. We provide a strategic global markets position and an unparalleled level of expertise.
We connect clients to opportunities, which is our distinct competitive advantage, and partner with them to achieve their investment objectives.
ICBC Standard Bank Plc is a strategic platform for serving the growing demands of our clients in Global Markets products, as well as distributing African risk. We specialise in global commodities, fixed income, currencies and equities.
Headquartered in London, ICBC Standard Bank Plc also has operations in Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, New York, and Tokyo.
- Gain unparalleled access to corporate companies in China
- Access a network of 300 million retail clients
- Partner with a well capitalised bank
- Gain access to Renminbi (RMB) investing capabilities
- Invest with the most profitable bank in the world
- Leverage our global markets products, capabilities and expertise
- Depend on our established global markets platform and infrastructure
- Gain insights from our global client base with strong links to Africa
- Partner with a leading producer of traded commodities
History of Collaboration
On 1 February 2015, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC) acquired a controlling stake in Standard Bank’s London-based Global Markets business. The acquisition included Standard Bank Plc, the Standard Bank Group's UK subsidiary and the primary legal entity in the UK, as well as other international operations. Standard Bank Plc was subsequently renamed ICBC Standard Bank Plc to incorporate the new parentage.
The union of ICBC and Standard Bank creates a platform to serve the growing demands of Chinese clients for global commodities, fixed income, currency and equities products while continuing as a distribution platform for African risk.
Best of Both Worlds
- Extensive global reach
- Bespoke investment solutions
- 78 well-established offices
- Presence in 52 countries worldwide
- Profitable financial service provider
- Leading producer of traded commodities
- Access to Chinese corporate companies
- Links to African economies